Is your child eligible?
Schools are given a pupil premium for:
- Children who have qualified for free school meals at any point in the past six years. The school receives £1320 for each of these children.
- Children who have been looked after under local authority care for more than one day. These children are awarded a premium of £1900.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals, if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
- Universal credit
Please register or talk to us about registering. If your child qualifies for free school meals, it’s important we know as, even if they take a packed lunch, this enables us to claim pupil premium.
To find more about Pupil Premium at Clifton Green please read the following document which includes information on how last year’s allocation of £183,432 was spent and the impact it had.